Check out these video types relevant to content marketing:
- Branding- Video is an ideal medium for brand storytelling pieces, which can live on your website or on social media platforms. Whether you’re sharing the brand values, brand origin, or brand mission, video immerses your audience in your story – and offers a richer, more nuanced experience than other media.
- Explainers- While videos once were used only to explain complex products or solutions, now they are as likely to give a brief and engaging overview of your value proposition in two minutes or less.
- Advertising- Many companies run ads on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to drive traffic to their websites and videos. These are great supporting assets to use to extend the reach of your content marketing.
- Customized Landing Pages- Landing pages that include a customized video are highly targeted proxies for your home page because they are intended to match the call to action Unbounce says that using videos on landing pages can boost conversion up to 80%.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)- Use video to share knowledge. Video SEO can be broken into two types:
- You produce a video and post it publicly on YouTube to gain maximum reach and views. In this case, the video itself (due to Google’s high rank for YouTube) moves up your search engine rankings. The call to action in your video will attempt to direct traffic back to your site … but in return for YouTube’s incredible reach and rank, you risk your leads getting distracted by other YouTube videos instead of following your call to action.
- You can host the video on your site (i.e., not YouTube). Self-host or work with one of the third-party sites that specialize in simulating self-hosting. The video and supporting text will help the page itself to move up the ranking pages, meaning that traffic earned by the video is highly likely to stay on your site.
- Educational Content- This is the bread and butter of content marketing. Why use video? It offers an enjoyable experience that promises to be interesting and short.
- Email: You probably communicate regularly with prospects and customers by email. Research by Brainshark shows inclusion of video provides a 20 percent boost in open rates as well as higher click-through rates.
- About Us- When two providers are close on quality and price, perceived trustworthiness and commitment to service often are the deciding factors. Video is an excellent medium for communicating your values or simply putting a face on your company.
- Time-Sensitive Promotions- A typical consumer gets over 10 promotional emails per day. Your price promotion will not perform well if it’s not seen – and video helps to increase open rates. Plus the richer experience of videos drive home what’s special about your promotion.
- Rapid Response to Hot Topics- Print is the easiest medium to produce and manage – once a statement is approved and locked down, everything else is copy and paste. But what’s the hidden cost of leaving the reader “unsupervised”? Video lets you marry tone and words, control the pace at which viewers move through a piece of content, and direct their eyes and ears to points of emphasis.
- Regular performance updates- Numbers play well in charts; however, most readers are inundated by data in both raw and illustrated form. The natural impulse is to quickly scan for an uptrend or downtrend and move on. Video lets you control every moment of content consumption, right down to the pace.
Read more here.