Know social media is important but never quite sure where to start? Start here with these simple tricks that will enable you to save time and gain wider exposure, more followers, higher conversion rates and better engagement.
1. Know What's Hot. If you can post information that is current and relevant to your niche and most importantly your customer, you’ll give your audience a reason to read your posts on social media and from there visit your website. Uvrx.com and social-searcher.com are great search tools designed to allow users to check out how their chosen keywords are being treated by social media networks.
2. Speak the new language of video: images, videos, and infographics. These types of media are generating excellent engagement numbers for businesses that have made it standard practice to employ them in a pertinent and creative manner. Creative calls to action used with such media can help bridge the gap between entertainment, information and lead generation.
3. Grow your base. One way to find new customers is to run paid ads on Facebook or Twitter as a way to increase "likes" and followers. A fairly basic but often overlooked hack to attract more subscribers for your Facebook page is to immediately direct message the link to new followers on Twitter. Similar creative, cross-fertilizing techniques should be employed on all social media platforms to capture the interest of members of your audience when you’re already on their radar.
4. Save time. You need to automate certain processes, because if you don’t they will tend to become chores that you may begin to avoid, thereby decreasing your effectiveness. Some activities that you can place on auto mode include posting updates across platforms and sending email/SMS updates on favorite topics.
5. Embrace change and be in the know. When a social media platform changes its guidelines, you have two options. You can take the change in stride and adapt -- or give up. When you opt for the former approach, you give yourself an opportunity to occupy the space left vacant by those who gave up the fight. It pays to be in the know.
Easier said than done, right? Well that's what we're here for! Visit Station Break's newly revamped social media management page for more information on how we can customize a social media package to suit your business's needs. You can also read more on these tips and tricks here.