5 Reasons Why Social Media Marketing Is Important
The introduction of social media has changed the whole marketing landscape. New avenues were opened for marketers that before did not exist or were too complicated. Now we have an easy to use and powerful tool at our finger tips that can share a piece of content all over the world in seconds. If you're not using social media for your business, you are already behind! Still need convincing? Here are 5 reasons why social media marketing is important.
1. Driving Traffic. Social networks top the list of site referrals. Search Engines used to be the sole focus for driving traffic and marketers allocated all their resources there. SEO (search engine optimization) still exists but it has now become more social.
2. SEO. With every coming update to a search engine, more social results are being integrated. Even Social networks themselves are becoming search engines (Facebook search, Twitter search, etc). Your efforts though social media will become more significant in your SEO strategies. You can no longer do one and not the other without compromising your results!
3. Engagement. Communication is important for any business but positive engagement with the customer base can really lead to improved reputation. Social media allows brands and user to interact freely and quickly. The brand takes on a personal role and becomes a member of a conversation, which results in exposure than can develop a quality brand image. People like doing businesses with people, not businesses. Social media is the perfect way to "humanize" your business.
4. Branding. Businesses can give brands a personality on social networks. How they interact, the look and feel of the profile, all encompass the general characteristics of the brand. For many businesses your social profile may be more important than your website.
5. Mobile. At the forefront of social is mobile, because most of the social activity that is being done is being done through a mobile device. Everything on a mobile device can be shared with any social network, which increases the potential for your brand to go viral!
Read more here. Looking for someone to take the burden of social media off of your very busy shoulders? Visit our social media management page to find out how Station Break can create a personalized, one-on-one social media management plan for your business to grow brand exposure and drive sales, clicks, and conversions.